Thursday, November 7, 2013

Switcheroo

Are you familiar with photographer Hana Pesut's series, "Switcheroo"?  The hilarious yet thoughtful photo series captures real couples as they are and then again after swapping clothes.  It subtly comments on the impact gender has on the entire appearance through clothing, hair, and posture.  By showing how comfortable many of the couples seem in their significant others' clothing, the series also highlights how a person is often attracted to a similar-looking partner and how couples influence one another's appearance and personality over time.  (I did a research project on this phenomenon in college.  While not the case for everybody, it's not totally untrue.)

Pesut's photos have been on my list of top five favorite ideas ever for over a year, and I have been dreaming of recreating the concept myself for about as long.  But I have found the one thing Jarrod will not do for me: be photographed wearing my clothes.  My husband would do anything for me.  Except that.  But luckily I have two sisters who were willing to help out.  Doing this with my sisters instead of my husband completely voids my version of the great gender statements Pesut creates.  But I'm ok with this.  Instead, you will realize how similar biological sisters of varying ages can be.

So, without further ado, I give you a Hana Pesut-inspired experiment.  Switcheroo: Sister Edition.




(Did you notice the little detail we forgot about during the shoot?)

Thanks for taking a peek at my little artsy project!

No comments:

Post a Comment