Friday, June 6, 2014

Strawberry Coconut Sparkler

Finally it's warming up in Missouri!  Let's do everything outside: eat, drink, read, walk, run, bike, attend concerts, and shop at farmers' markets.  I love the sunshine and fresh air activities, but a full day outside can leave me feeling tired and dehydrated.  As I'm sure you've been told by now, coconut water is a great natural hydrator thanks to generous amounts of potassium.  Rehydrating with coconut water gives you a burst of energy without the slump of caffeine or sugar energizers.  Sounds awesome!  Unlucky for me, I don't care for the taste of coconut water.  But lucky for me (and you), I came up with this simple, refreshing electrolyte cocktail so we can both reap coconut water's many benefits enjoyably.  Fresh strawberries naturally sweeten the coconut water with no extra sugar or syrups.  It tastes like a light and clean Crush strawberry soda but leaves you feeling energized and healthy instead of sugar stoned.


Strawberry Coconut Sparkler

handful of fresh or frozen strawberries
plain coconut water
club soda or plain sparkling water

Slice the berries and put them in a mason jar or pitcher with the coconut water and let the strawberries infuse in the coconut water for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.  The longer it sits, the more intense the strawberry flavor.  Fill your glass one-third full of coconut concoction, add ice, and top with club soda.

Stay hydrated, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment